Industryhack Oy (“Industryhack” or “we”), a Finnish company (Business ID 2689566-6) with post address at Lapinlahdenkatu 16, 00180, Helsinki, is a service provider for innovation challenges (“Challenge”) which are hosted by organisations (“Host”). Anyone with legal capacity can apply for these Challenges as part of a team (“Team”).
The Data Processed; Purposes and Sources
You may register as a user of our Platform by providing us with your name, email address and other relevant information as instructed on the Platform.
When you register to the Platform or apply to participate in a Challenge or participate in a Challenge, you will have to provide us with certain information about yourself through the Platform. You may be asked for e.g. your name, your phone number, your email, your skills and experience, and other information relevant to the participation in Challenges. Also, during the Challenges, your Team’s work will be documented by you on the Platform and information about your Team’s performance is collected by Industryhack.
The logging systems used by the Platform automatically log certain technical information when you visit the Platform. Such information includes the time and date of your visits, the IP address of the device you use to access the Platform, other information about your device, your browser, as well as the name of your Internet Service Provider. Although we do not normally use such technical data to identify you as an individual or combine the technical data with your personal user data, you can sometimes be recognized from it.
The personal data collected by us is processed for the purposes of:
- Matchmaking for co-operation with potential customers;
- Choosing participants to Challenges and similar programs, events and tasks;
- The Hosts organizing the Challenges;
- To send periodic emails and newsletters;
- To send targeted emails and invitations based on data given by you or collected about you;
- Providing, improving and developing the Platform;
- Preventing and investigating misuse of the Platform;
- Personalizing / customizing the user experience of the Platform;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Analytics and statistics.
Registered users of the Platform will receive emails that may include e.g. news on Challenges and related information. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Data Processing, Disclosures and Transfers
The personal data collected may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- To hosts, partners and customers of Industryhack and sponsors of Challenges and similar events;
- To our service providers, to enable us to provide the Platform to you and organize the Challenges;
- To public authorities if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights;
- To our group companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a subsequent or new owner/operator of the Platform or the Challenges in case the Platform or the business related to the Challenges, we, our stock and/or assets are acquired or in case of merger, restructuring, bankruptcy, or other corporate reorganization.
We use service providers for data storage and processing which are located in the EU region. We may process or transfer your personal data in and to any country where we operate or where we have employees or service providers or partners, including countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Such processing, transfer and assignments will be carried out in compliance with applicable law.
Industryhack does not provide personal information for recruiting purposes.
We have taken both technical and organizational preventive measures to restrict access to your personal data and protect it against loss, misuse and unlawful alteration. Only selected employees and contractors have access to the personal data files. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) you have many rights regarding your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact us using our address indicated above;
- Let us have enough information to identify you;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address. Email us from the email address that you used to register with Platform. Receipt of an email from this address will usually be sufficient to confirm your identity. We may request one or more identification documents, such as a copy of your driving licence or passport and recent utility or credit card bill;
- Let us know the information to which your request relates.
For example, you have the right to have incorrect, incomplete, outdated, or unnecessary personal data we have stored about you corrected, completed or deleted. You have the right to delete all your personal data from our Platform. You have the right to know what personal data we have stored about you. We may charge a processing fee in case less than 12 months have passed since your last data request.
You have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us by clicking on the opt-out link provided in all marketing communications we send you, and choosing not to receive marketing communications from us in the future. You also have the right to prohibit us from using your personal data for direct marketing purposes or market research by contacting us on the address indicated above.
The Platform or the Challenges are not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not intend to collect any personal data from children under the age of 13.