Industryhack Oy (“Industryhack” or “we”), a Finnish company (Business ID 2689566-6) with post address at Lapinlahdenkatu 16, 00180, Helsinki, brings together hackathon hosts/organizers and hackers for hackathon events (“Hack”) organized by third-party hosts.
The Data Processed; Purposes and Sources
You may register as a user of our Site by providing us with your name, email address and other relevant information as instructed on the Site.
When you apply to participate in a Hack or participate in a Hack, you will have to provide us with certain information about yourself through the Site. You may be asked for e.g. your name, your nationality, your phone number, your gender, your email, your skills and experience, your clothing size, your allergies and diets and other information relating to the participation in Hacks. Also, during the Hacks, feedback and data about you and your team may be collected by Industryhack.
The logging systems used by the Site automatically log certain technical information when you visit the Site. Such information includes the time and date of your visits, the IP address of the device you use to access the Site, other information about your device, your browser, as well as the name of your ISP. Although we do not normally use such technical data to identify you as an individual or combine the technical data with your personal user data, you can sometimes be recognized from it.
- The personal data collected by us is processed for the purposes of:
- Choosing participants to Hacks and similar events and tasks;
- The Hosts organizing the Hacks;
- To send periodic emails and newsletters;
- To send targeted emails and invitations based on data given by you or collected about you;
- Providing, improving and developing the Site;
- Preventing and investigating misuse of the Site;
- Personalizing / customizing the user experience of the Site;
- Marketing and advertising;
- Analytics and statistics.
If a user of the Site decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include e.g. news on Hacks and related information. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. to compile reports on visitor usage and to help us improve the Site. For an overview of Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/. You can opt-out of Google Analytics with this browser add-on tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Data Disclosures and Transfers
The personal data collected may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- To hosts, partners and customers of Industryhack and sponsors of Hacks and similar events;
- To our service providers, to enable us to provide the Site to you and organize the Hacks;
- To public authorities if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights;
- To our group companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a subsequent or new owner/operator of the Site or the Hacks in case the Site or the business related to the Hacks, we, our stock and/or assets are acquired or in case of merger, restructuring, bankruptcy, or other corporate reorganization.
We may process or transfer your personal data in and to any country where we operate or where we have employees or service providers or partners, including countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. Such processing, transfer and assignments will be carried out in compliance with applicable law.
We have taken both technical and organizational preventive measures to restrict access to your personal data and protect it against loss, misuse and unlawful alteration. Only selected employees and contractors have access to the personal data files. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information.
You have the right to know what personal data we have stored about you by sending us a written request to the address indicated above. We may charge a processing fee in case less than 12 months have passed since your last data request.
You also have the right to have incorrect, incomplete, outdated, or unnecessary personal data we have stored about you corrected, completed or deleted by contacting us on the address indicated above.
You have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us by clicking on the opt-out link provided in all marketing communications we send you, and choosing not to receive marketing communications from us in the future. You also have the right to prohibit us from using your personal data for direct marketing purposes or market research by contacting us on the addresses indicated above.
The Site or the Hacks are not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not intend to collect any personal data from children under the age of 13.